After all these tasty recipes, I had to offer you a little sweet again! Right now, I really want lemon because it's so refreshing and we really need it. So here is some Bavarian lemon and since I have a ton of raspberry, it will come with a raspberry mirror.
Ingredients for 6 individual Bavarians:
Ingredients for the cookie (see Joconde opera cookie)
125 g almonds powder
145 g of powdered sugar
30 g flour
25 g butter
Ingredients for Bavarian Lemon
3 jelly sheets
150 g of sugar
30 g starch
20 cl of whole liquid cream
Ingredients for the mirror
250 g raspberries
50 g icing sugar
2 sheets of jelly
1) Prepare the almond cookie as in the opera recipe (see here). Then cut it to the size of your baking circles. (You will notice my superb "circles" that are in fact cut from plastic bottles! System D when we have a man who discovers that the kitchen drawers overflow and we do not need Really nothing else)
2) In a bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until the mixture turns white.
3) Add the starch and zest of a lemon. Mix well
4) Heat the lemon juice and pour it over the previous device. Mix well, then put everything back in the pan and boil, stirring constantly.
5) Then remove from heat and add the 3 gelatin sheets previously softened in cold water.
6) Beat the egg whites until firm and incorporate the lemon mixture. Let it cool.
7) Beat the whipped cream and add it to the refrigerated device.
8) Pour the preparation in circles over the cookies and place them in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
9) Mix the raspberries and pass the coulis through a sieve to remove the seeds.
10) Soften the gelatin sheets in cold water, drain them and then melt them in 2 tablespoons of hot water.
11) Add the gelatin to the raspberries, then add the icing sugar.
12) Pour everything in the Bavarian and put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
13) When ready to serve, gently unmold the Bavarians and decorate the top with a slice of lemon, raspberries, etc.