Burgundy Fondue © bolsher shutterstock
I don't know if there is a season for Bourguignonne Fondue ? So much for the Savoyard fondue, it's winter, the chocolate fondue is all year round 🙂 but the Bourguignonne fondue? This is the existential question of the day 🙂.
Anyway, Internet friends, that Bourguignonne fondue is a dish … Swiss! Yes, amazing isn't it? This dixit wikipedia recipe was developed in 1948 by Georges Esenwein, owner of Café Bock, in Lausanne. And if he called this dish of Burgundy fondue and not Swiss fondue, it is because when it was created, he used Charolais meat and accompanied the dish with Burgundy wine. There you go. Who is it that does not impress the stepmother?
In any case, to make a Burgundy fondue, you need a fondue machine. It's the kind of thing that stays a little in the closets, but hey, when you find it once in a while, you're really happy to use it
For 4 people:
- 800 g of meat beef
- 1 liter of grape seed oil
- And many small sauces: Béarnaise sauce, tartar sauce, tomato sauce, mustard sauce, chutney, onion marmalade, cocktail sauce, horseradish sauce, mayonnaise, Moutch sauce & # 39; up, etc. Do the ones you like.
Cut the meat into cubes of approximately 1.5 square cm. Pour the grapeseed oil into a saucepan and heat it to the boiling point. Then empty it in the fondue. Light the candle below and keep it at the correct temperature (it should not boil).
Put a bucket of meat on the skewer and dip it in the fondue. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes if you like meat more or less rare.
You just have to dip a little sauce and season.
What piece of meat to choose for the fondue? You need tender meat such as tenderloin steak, loin, pear and whiting. Do not take pieces for Bourguignon, for example. It would not be a good idea because for these pieces, it has a long cooking. For fondue, you need pieces to grab.
How much meat per person is needed? Between 150 and 200 g depending on whether you have small dining rooms or a rugby team
What oil to use for Bourguignonne fondue? Grapeseed oil is almost always recommended. But you can also use sunflower oil.
Can you flavor fondue oil? Yes, in this case, for example, put a clove of garlic, a sprig of rosemary, a sprig of thyme, a small chili … in the saucepan long enough to heat the oil. Then remove everything because if you leave them all the time, their flavor will become too dominant.
Can we put a meat that is not beef? Yes, some people put pork, lamb, chicken. Clearly, personally, I am part of the #DuBoeufSinonRien team parece It seems to me that if not, we will disperse.
- Yes, no successful fondue night with no salary for those who escape their piece of meat at the bottom of the fondue pot.
- Some ideas found here and there on the web:
- Dance the macarena while singing "In the port of Amsterdam" for 40 seconds.
- Give the name of 10 cheeses in 30 seconds.
- Turn the bell table 3 times.
- Guess the song you choose by replacing the lyrics with nanana
- Imitate the cry of an animal.
- Name 10 flower names
- Find 3 cities that start with the letter F as Fondue
- Imitating a profession