This is the dessert I made for New Year's Eve, thanks to my new ice cream machine (my mother's gift: – *). The realization is easy but a bit long, particularly due to the cooking times of meringues and the production of ice cream. But the effect on the guests is guaranteed with this dessert 😉
Ingredients for 10-12 people:
For the crunchy chocolate praline:
150 g dark chocolate 150 g of praline 85 g gavotte lace pancakes
For vanilla ice cream:
50 cl of milk 1 vanilla pod 6 egg yolks 100 g of sugar 25 cl of whole liquid cream
For chocolate ice cream:
250 ml of milk 125 g dark chocolate 5 egg yolks 150 g of powdered sugar 150 g of fresh cream
4 egg whites (saved from one of the ice creams) 250 g of sugar 50 g of praline 50 g almonds in dark chocolate flakes, praline, chocolate chips 25 cl whipped cream 3 tablespoons icing sugar
1) Prepare the vanilla ice cream: boil the milk with the vanilla bean cut in half and scraped.
2) In a bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar until the dough turns white.
3) Pour the milk little by little (after removing the clove) while beating, then put everything back in the pan and cook like a flan.
4) When the mixture covers the spoon, release it and let it cool. When the mixture is cold, add the liquid cream, mix well and place in the fridge for a few hours so that the mixture is very cold.
5) During this time, make the bottom crushing praline: crush the seagulls between your hands in a salad bowl.
6) Melt the chocolate and praline in the microwave. Mix well to soften and homogenize the device.
7) Pour the melted chocolate / pralinoise over the seagulls and mix gently.
8) Pour the device into the missing mold, ram it well and place it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
9) Prepare the meringues by mounting the egg whites until they are rigid and gradually incorporating the powdered sugar.
10) With a pastry bag, form sticks on a sheet of baking paper.
11) Bake for 1 hour at 130 ° C and let cool in the oven, with the door ajar
12) When the meringues are ready, reserve the most beautiful ones for decoration and take approximately 15 meringues to crumble them in a bowl.
13) Place the vanilla ice cream machine in the ice cream machine and stir until you get the desired consistency (approximately 20 minutes)
14) Pour the ice cream still soft on the base of praline and smooth the surface.
15) Pour the crumbled meringues over the vanilla ice cream, tamp well and place in the freezer.
16) Prepare the device for chocolate ice cream: heat the milk and pour it over the broken chocolate into small pieces. Cover and let melt for 3 minutes. Stir well to homogenize the mixture.
17) Beat the egg yolks and sugar until the dough turns white then pour the chocolate mixture little by little, mixing well.
18) Put the appliance back in the pan and cook like a custard.
19) Clear and let cool.
20) When the mixture is cold, add the fresh cream and place it in the refrigerator for a few hours to cool the mixture well.
21) Place the chocolate refrigerator in the refrigerator and bake until you get the desired consistency (approximately 20 minutes).
22) Pour the chocolate ice cream in the pan over the crumbled meringues and then put it back in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
23) During this time, prepare the decorated meringues: melt the chocolate and the pralines in the microwave.
24) Take each meringue and cover it with chocolate or praline, then roll it in chocolate chips or praline or almonds.
25) Place on a rack and let harden in the fridge.
26) Prepare a whipped cream by whipping the whipped cream with icing sugar.
27) Unmold the ice cream and then decorate the perimeter by gluing the meringues decorated with whipped cream. Fill the spaces between the meringues with whipped cream with a pastry bag.
28) Decorate the top of the vacherina with whipped cream, chocolate chips, etc.
29) Return to the freezer at least 30 minutes before serving.